Sunday, February 10, 2008

Some days back, I read "The Greater Common Good" by Arundhati Roy. I started it with nothing particular in my mind, but as I read it, a barrage of related thoughts came to me. The environmental un-concern in which I live, the havoc of the big project dams, the in-humaneness of the people including me. I would have given up the writing as dramatic had it not been for the amount of evidence and numbers she was putting forth. That made me realize it was all truth and the state of affairs is unimaginable. I felt the need to do something. I thought may be I should call the Narmada Bachao Andolan, I considered going on fasting for day or two. None of this happened. I did visit couple of sites on the same topic: narmada.org and narmada.aidindia.org . Decided to keep track and voice my opinion through whatever means... increase awareness... that is the least I can do...
There needs to be some time when we think of things like environment. If we don't make the effort, it will be thrust on us some point in time.

No comments: